A variety of tools have been developed to assist in the development, reporting and evaluation of practice guidelines and health system guidance. Each of the available tools is listed below with a brief description of the tool and access to more information.
- AGREE II – Assesses the methodological rigour and transparency in which a practice guideline is developed and can be used to guide their development.
- My AGREE PLUS – An online AGREE II appraisal platform to conduct individual and group appraisal.
- AGREE GRS – A short item tool to evaluate the quality and reporting of practice guidelines.
- AGREE-REX – A complement to the AGREE II intended to guide the development, reporting, and evaluation of the clinical credibility and implementability of practice guideline recommendations.
- AGREE-HS – Assesses the methodological rigour and transparency in which health system guidance documents are developed and can be used to guide their development and reporting.
- Reporting Checklist – A checklist based on the domains and items of the AGREE II intended to assist in the completeness of reporting in practice guidelines.
- CheckUp – This tool aims to evaluate the completeness of reporting in updated guidelines and informs reporting requirements.
- Original AGREE Instrument – The AGREE II replaces the original AGREE Instrument as the new and preferred tool for practice guideline development and evaluation. However, the original AGREE Instrument and its translations are archived here.
- GUIDE-M – A model comprised of components intrinsic to practice guidelines that play a role in optimizing the implementability of practice guidelines.