The AGREE Global Rating Scale Instrument (AGREE GRS) is a short item tool to evaluate the quality and reporting of practice guidelines. It is based on the AGREE II, and includes the following items for assessment:
- Overall quality of guideline development methods
- Overall quality of guideline presentation
- Completeness of reporting
- Overall quality of guideline recommendations
- Overall assessment of the guideline: includes 3 evaluative statements
Although the AGREE II Instrument remains the recommended appraisal tool, the AGREE GRS is a reasonable alternative for practice guideline assessment, especially in circumstances when time and resources are limited.
*The GRS is pre-fixed by “AGREE II” to relate it to the AGREE Enterprise and to distinguish it from other global rating scales that exist (i.e., the UK-GRS, the endoscopy Global Rating Scale Canada (GRS-C))